Ride to Rio in 24 Hours!
Jealous of the team cycling to Rio and want to know how you can get involved? Well we have the perfect event for you.
24 Hour Ride to Rio
We are looking for 20 teams of up to 6 people to take on the challenge of cycling 3,000 miles in 24 hours on Friday 22nd to Saturday 23rd July at the Trinity Leeds. Each team will be allocated a static bike located within the shopping centre, the team members will then be asked to rotate who is cycling throughout the 24 hours (minimum ride of 1 hour per rider) each teams progress will be posted live on screens around the area so you can see your mileage and that of the other teams, the public will also be able to see this so they can get behind the teams taking part.
This is a great challenge to build team spirit while supporting The Jane Tomlinson appeal and don’t worry, if cycling 3,000 miles sounds daunting, for every £1 your team raises prior to the event 1 mile will be added to your distance. So if you raise £1,000 before the 22nd July the team will only have to cycle 2,000 miles if they wish (though they can choose to still cycle the full 3,000 if they want to challenge)
How to get involved
Entry fee: £500 per team. If you enter the full team of 6 this works out at £ 83 per team member.
Sponsorship: We will be challenging each team to raise £3,000 - £1 for each mile cycled by the 24 hour cyclists and the Ride to Rio team.
How to enter: Interested? I have attached an entry form to this email – at the moment all we need are the details of the team leader.
What you get
Every team that enters will receive:
- Entry for 6 people
- A 24 Hour Ride to Rio cycle jersey for each team member with your team/company logo printed on to it.
- VIP hospitality for the whole 24 hours at the Marriott Hotel – this will be kitted out so those not cycling can get some rest and relax before getting back in the saddle.
- Food and drink provided throughout the 24 hours
- The chance to cycle with local celebs who will be popping along to show their support of the challenge
- Personalised fundraising support from the Jane Tomlinson Appeal team
- Most importantly the money raised by this event will make a huge difference within the local community and will help the appeal to continue to support children’s and cancer charities.